Monday, October 10, 2011

Paper Halloween Lantern

This is a cute and easy paper lantern.  

The kids and I made paper lanterns for the first time when we did a craft at the Disney store.  They were making paper lanterns when they were gearing up for the "Tangled" release.  So, making these was familiar to us.  I got the idea for this lantern from a book called Crafty Kids: Holiday & Everyday Projects, Festive and Fun Creations.

It is a super-easy craft.  For the jack-o-lantern, all you need is orange and black construction paper, scissors, tape or a stapler and glue.

Start by folding the construction paper in half lengthwise and making lines every inch.  Do not cut the lines all the way to the end.  Make sure you stop about 1 inch from the edge.  I used a ruler to mark mine.
Cut out pieces to look like the eyes, nose and mouth.  
Once you have all of the cuts made, unfold the paper and make into a cylinder shape by connecting the 2 short ends.  Staple at top and bottom to make the shape.  

Glue the face pieces on.  You can punch 2 holes at the top and string yarn through if you'd like to hang your lantern. 

7 comments:

  1. Loooooooooooooove these!!! I´m a craft project lover myself!
    I´m sooo going to look for this book. Hope I can get an online one
    See you
    Lolo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are TOO cute!!! Hi! New follower from the Take Three Tuesday Hop! I hope you'll stop by and follow back! Thanks! :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute.....

    Would you consider linking this to my brand new kids activity linky party (Hey Mom, Look What I Did) at Adventures In Mommy Land

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! I noticed you were doing a Family Fun giveaway. That is my fave magazine. Great ideas and Disney, how can you go wrong? I am a new follower from It's Playtime. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quedan geniales!!!! felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete
  6. these came out so cute! My daughter made some in preschool and I fell in love with the idea!

    Love this new (or maybe just new to me?) blog!

    Be sure to stop by and link up your crafts on the Sunday Showcase when it opens up tomorrow friend!

    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking to last week's Sunday Showcase! Your lanterns have been featured on this week's linky party! Stop by & check it out and share some more ideas!

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your crafty thoughts!