Friday, December 2, 2011

Paper Trees that double as Treat favors

I found this idea in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  I love this magazine and their website online.  They have so many great ways to inspire creativity!!
This craft is a fairly quick and easy craft for paper trees.  And these can actually be filled with goodies to use as favors.  
You can find the template at BHG.com

We printed the templates, and used them with blue card stock and wrapping paper.  We just used aluminum foil glued to the card stock for the stars.  All of the instructions can be found at their website.

To make the larger tree, I just extended the lines of my template to make a longer template.  I forgot, however, to make the tabs on bottom bigger.  So, I won't be able to use it for candy.  If you know how to enlarge copies on your printer, you can just print it larger.  I haven't figured that part out yet!  

Have you ever gotten any ideas from their website or are there others that you like to go to?

Linking with 



A Marvelous Mess

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love paper products.

    I found your blog via Monday Mingle & also am a new follower.

    Brooke
    http://cupcakecucumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your crafty thoughts!